Saturday, March 01, 2008

I got a short contract with a Jewish non-profit for women and children and there is this sweet sweet woman, Dorothy, who absolutely makes my soul smile.

She just lost her husband recently, she's back to work, and she smiles and makes jokes and blows me kisses in the office. This woman is seriously fantastic.

People are still passing round and calling to give their condolences, and so she says to me the other day:

"What are you gonna do kid, someone told me once, You're only on this earth for a holiday."

~YOU'RE ONLY ON THIS EARTH FOR A HOLIDAY.

I made an awesome new friend, that's for sure.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

i love that.

and also...

'i have tricks too'

...pure goodness

Kate UF said...

i love you.

i promise, they're the best kinda tricks there are...anything else leads to insanity and self-destruction...

besides, it doesn't mean that you can't imagine a pie shell hitting that certain someone in the face...

hahahahahaha