Saturday, July 19, 2008









Yesterday, friday, the Rabbi was away so they gave me his Hallah bread, which is the braided loaf baked for shabbat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challah). I used it for toast this morning!
Then, last night I went with Joan and Isabelle, Genevieve and Simon to the Italian consulate gardens to watch "Una moglie bellissima"...a comical life-gone-wrong-then-levelled out type movie. I had seen the signs for the movie back in January with Enrico in Firenze and been interested since then. There were so many people in lawn chairs last night though that it made it near impossible for us to read the subtitles. Thank God my level of italian combined with the humour of the movie allowed me to enjoy it, and the rest, well, they peeked in and out of chairs...and at times, even umbrellas as it sprinkled rain a bit.
I've included also a pic that I found through facebook of the Priceville footbridge from 1946! The year my Dad was born, wild!

No comments: