Monday, February 20, 2006

My Mum is learning about blogs...ie: I'm forcing her to because I keep making her visit mine to see pictures, so I thought I would leave some quotes especially for her...she's a labour and delivery nurse and she's working tonight...hopefully these will entertain you Mom if it's a hellish night! Love always, Kate.

"Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth." -- Erma Bombeck
(PS- Mom...this DEFINITELY does not apply to me...my Jeep priveleges should remain intact!)

"God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers." -- Jewish proverb

"By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class." -- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

"Grown don't mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown. In my heart it don't mean a thing." - Toni Morrison

"To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power." -Maya Angelou

"My mother had a great deal of trouble with me but I think she enjoyed it." -Mark Twain

1 comment:

Kate UF said...

Happy Birthday in honor of your Mum Violeta!!
I laughed pretty hard when I read the quotes too...was hoping my Mum would get a kick out of them!!!