Sunday, February 19, 2006

TIFLE me timbers: 'tis a bit chilly today...ok, since we are to be blogging weekly now about technology, I have yet another comment to make: I can't wait until we cover FTP in class because I attempted to reload my Plaza website and I cannot figure it out for the life of me. That's right, it's only been about 2 months and I have forgotten.
Makes me think of what my Mom says about Flaunt it while you have it (she says that because I am a very healthy eater haha...probably why she always sends me clothes that are 2 sizes too big if she hasn't seen me for a while and fears that I've put on a few kilos)...back to the point--> Use it before you lose it (You have to keep working with FTP or that info leaves your brain on permanent vacation)...Ayayayay...what's a pobre tifler to do?

3 comments:

Gillian Lord Ward said...

Kate, you're so right about use it before you lose it with FTP - it's a skill that you totally need to practice. If you look at my plaza site (http://plaza.ufl.edu/glord/) there's info on how to FTP from the CIRCA labs... it's pretty similar if you have FTP at home, too. I'd be happy to help if you have any questions.

M. F. said...

Sounds like I should find out what FTP is before I can even attempt to comment on this one... Webpage software??

Ok, so nice updates here on your blog, as usual.

And... thought you might like to know that "The Fionda Files" won!!!! At least temporarily... But if you think of something new, let me know!

Abrazos,

Fellow Canadiense

Kate UF said...

Thanks Profesora...that was a wicked tutorial! The only trouble that I had was that I didn't know how to properly remove all of the old files...and so I had to get a little help from Alberto but the website is up and running....a little basic but it'll do for now...
check it out:
http://plaza.ufl.edu/katepr