Thursday, February 02, 2006

So I was telling Matt yester eve about a book that Andreia brought me back a few years ago from her time in Vietnam: Peace is Every Step by Thich nhat hanh.
Matt had definitely already been introduced to hanh's work, and so I re-read a section that I remembered near the beginning:
"A tiny bud of a smile on our lips nourishes awareness and calms us miraculously. It returns to us the peace we thought we had lost" (hanh 7).
What a fine and simple reminder of how great the smile is.

1 comment:

uban said...

Hi, You have a nice blog. I just started blogging this month, and would like to invite you to my blogs:
I now have a Four Blogs and want to just keep one. Can you please help me as to which ones should go!!
Check Out my Blog on Intersting Articles: The Random Spot
This is my Second Blog Themed on Indian Movies
The blog for the Desi People for the Desiz
Tips and tricks on how to make Money using blogs at:money4mblogs

If it is not much trouble please leave a feedback.