Sunday, December 02, 2007


Last night, while Lena and I were out. Improperly dressed. A snowstorm hit Toronto. As we tried to make our way home by any means of transportation possible, our feet were quickly becoming popsicles and icy snow encrusted our pants legs...we finally got on a streetcar after an hour of walking and waiting...dodging in and out of office buildings. I've never been so glad to get on the TTC in my life.
Welcome back to Canada and canadian winters Kate Price.

---

Yesterday I reflected on how, as a person, I sometimes complicate things a lot. When I feel something, I feel strongly about it and it's not that I feel too much, rather, that I feel strongly. That's when I remind myself, as my Dad use to tell me, think before you open mouth and enter foot...(as Joy used to joke with me, said in a british accent..."I have no inner monologue").
I also think it's good to feel a certain level of insecurity because if you take the time to evaluate what makes you feel that way and then why it shouldn't, you can learn a lot about yourself. I believe that overall, I'm a confident person...the things that come into my life and shape it do so because I work for them, allow them to, choose them, am surprised by them and even leave space for them to grow on their own.

'change is inevitable, growth is optional'

Right now, i'm ecstatic about / mildy afraid of (but am embracing) life and love.

No comments: